View and create user roles in 8x8 Admin Console using role-based access control (RBAC).
Only users with the Company Admin role and IT Admin Role can view and create user roles.
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Role-based Access Control
Viewing User Roles and Permissions
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Menu (three horizontal lines) > Roles & permissions.
- Click Roles. The following list of default roles will be available:
- Company Admin: A Company Admin role offers full access to 8x8 Admin Console users, workgroups, and beyond. They do not have access to the Contact Center Configuration Manager application.
- IT Admin: An IT Admin role offers access to users and workgroups in 8x8 Admin Console. This allows them to create and manage users and their work group permissions.
- VCC-Admin*: A VCC Admin role offers access to the Contact Center Configuration Manager application only. The role will not have access to 8x8 Admin Console. They can configure their contact center using the Contact Center Configuration Manager app. They are unable to add users or assign licenses to users.
* VCC-Admin is only available to customers with 8x8 Contact Center
- My8x8: A My8x8 Admin role offers access to the 8x8 Support Portal.
- Basic User: For internal 8x8 use when migrating from legacy systems.
- Click View. A list of permissions for that role will be available.
Create a Custom Role
Custom roles can be created for users that need only specific permissions.
- Click +Create Role.
- Enter a Role Name.
- Select the Application.
- Select the required permissions.
- Click Save.
The new role will be listed on the Roles page.
Out of the Box My 8x8 Permissions
The permissions below are available by default. These roles align with access to features in 8x8 Support Portal (My 8x8).
- Billing: Provides access to Billing functions, Cases, Training, and Cost Centers.
- My8x8 Access: Provides access to all functions within 8x8 Support Portal (My 8x8).
- Ordering: Provides access to Ordering functions, Cases, and Training.
Once a role has been created, it can be assigned to a user.