Setting up extension-to-extension dialing between PBXs.
Note: It is optional to use PBX Dial codes, as cross-site dialing can be used between PBXs
- Virtual Office Configuration Manager accounts with multiple PBXs
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Select Company.
- Locate List of PBX(s) at the bottom of the page.
- Click Edit (pencil).
- In the box that appears, type the desired numerical dialing code.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 for each PBX.
Note: All PBX dialing codes within an account must be unique.
Dialing with PBX Codes
The scenarios below explain how you would dial extension 1001 with a PBX code of 22 on your account.
|Within the same PBX||1001|
|Between different PBXs||221001|
|Between different 8x8 accounts||Not supported, you must use the extensions DID|
|Dial by extension through an auto attendant||1001|