To disable the end-user edit rights for the External/Internal Caller ID of an extension in order to prevent a user from changing their Caller ID in 8x8 Work for Desktop.
- Admin Console
- Log into Admin Console.
- Click the top left of the home page and click Profile policies.
- Click + Create new profile policy top right.
- Name the profile as you like for eg. Locked CallerID.
- Scroll down to User profile: external caller ID/User profile: internal caller ID and toggle the option on.
- Once you're done scroll down and click on Save.
- Go to the home page of Admin Console, Click on Users and then click on Edit for the Ext you'd like to make changes on.
- Once you are on the edit section scroll down to Services and permissions and change the profile policy to which we have just created for eg. Locked CallerID.
- Click Save.