To disable the end-user edit rights for the External/Internal Caller ID of an extension in order to prevent a user from changing their Caller ID from VOD or CM.
- Configuration Manager
- Log onto Configuration manager as admin then go Profile Policies and then click on create new profile policy
- Name the profile as you like for eg. Locked CallerID
- Mirror the 8x8 Master User Template profile policy then tick on User profile: external caller ID and User profile: internal caller ID
- Once you're done scroll down and click on save.
- Go to the home page of configuration manager and then click on Users and then click on Edit for the Ext you'd like to make changes on
- Once you are on the edit section scroll down to Services and permissions and change the profile policy to which we have just created for eg. Locked CallerID
- Click on save.