A ported-in number is not routing calls to it's intended destination (e.g., User Extension, Ring Group, or Auto Attendant).
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Number Porting
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Go to Phone Numbers.
- Confirm the following fields for the number to confirm it's ported in:
- Number status is Assigned or Available
- Number source is Port
- Check if a Temporary Number is showing up under the Phone Number.
Note: Check if email confirmation was also received confirming that your phone number was successfully ported in to 8x8.
The temporary number assigned is still being recognized by the system instead of the newly ported number.
Still not working? Try the following:
- Make sure the phone number is attached to a user or service like an auto attendant.
- If using an auto-attendant, check for greetings on your open hours, closed hours and alternate hours menus.
- If calls are routing to voicemail check call forwarding of the extension.