Block calls coming from a range of numbers from reaching an extension.
- 8x8 Admin Console
This procedure can be used to block partial matches for phone numbers.
If you'd like to block all calls from numbers between 1-555-123-1000 and 1-555-123-1999, you can add a rule for "15551231"
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Navigate to Users and search for the user in question. Click to edit the user.
- Navigate to the Call forwarding rules section and click .
- Give the rule a name.
- Under When to apply this rule, choose Selected callers.
- In the box that populates, type the partial telephone number you wish to block from reaching this extension
- Select the Dial to: option from the list. Then, click .
- Under During what time, choose Anytime.
- Under Forward the calls to, select No one and play busy.
- Click Save in the forwarding rules window, and then click Save again on the main page.
Please be aware that the partial match can be anywhere in the number, not just at the beginning. A rule can be added to block "1555" numbers, intending to block incoming calls from the 555 area code. That rule will also block calls from numbers that end in 1555, have 1555 in the middle of the number (e.g.: 123-321-5550), and internal extensions that contain 1555 (e.g.: 1555, 21555, 15557, etc.).