Create custom forwarding rules to redirect calls to an external destination in Configuration Manager.
- Virtual Office Configuration Manager
- Call Forwarding
- Log in to Configuration Manager.
- Click Users.
- Click Edit (pencil icon).
- Go to Call Forwarding Rules and select + Add new rule.
- Enter a name for your new forwarding rule.
- Select when to apply the rule, during what time to forward calls, and enter a destination.
- Click Save.
IMPORTANT! If the Forward All Calls rule is used, calls will be offered to the destination, but after three to four rings the call will return to the forwarder's voicemail.
IMPORTANT! Forwarding rules adhere to the Top-down schema. Meaning, top active rule will be applied. If calls pass top rule it will filter down to the next rule (down) until call is connected or dropped.
Rule 1: calls from 408-123-4567, drop immediately
Rule 2: allow all calls to connect to destination
This would prevent 408-123-4567 to connect with destination. If Rule 2 was put in front of Rule 1, then 408-123-4567 will be connected to destination.