Note: To exchange or replace devices on an extension in Account Manager, the legacy version of Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
Add or swap an existing device for an extension.
This process is for new or existing devices. If you are experiencing issues swapping your device, please create a case with 8x8 Technical Support.
- Configuration Manager / 8x8 Admin Console
Your device must be added to your account on the Devices page before it can be assigned to an extension.
Add a Device
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager / 8x8 Admin Console
- Go to Devices.
- Click Add a Device Model.
- Select the device you wish to add. You can type in keywords to search for the device model.
- Click Add Device Model. You should now be able to see your device listed on the Devices page.
Exchange or Replace Devices
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click Users.
- Click on the Pencil to the right of the User Profile for which you wish to change devices.
- Go to Voice Basic Settings and select the new device you wish to assign.
- Activate the new device by entering the MAC address or using an Activation Code.
- Click Save.
Services such as Auto Attendants, Virtual Office, Call Queues, Ring Groups, and Call Park Extensions are not tied to a particular model of desk phone.
The exceptions to device interchangeability are Power Keys, 4-Line Appearance, and Hot Desk. Power Key plans require Polycom devices. 4-Line Appearance is limited to select Polycom and Cisco phone models. Hot Desk is not supported on certain devices.