Enable the option for callers waiting in queue to press 2 to be transferred to the Call Queue voicemail
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Call Queues
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Call Queues.
- Click Edit (pencil icon).
- Click IVR Message to expand that section
- Click on the switch next to Allow callers to leave voicemail.
- When enabled the switch will be blue and positioned to the right.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Enabling this does not notify the caller that the option is available. At least one of the audio files (Initial Queue Greeting, Music-on-hold, or Repeating Queue Message) should be modified to include the notification. Usually this notification is contained in the Repeating Queue Message.