Note: To enable agents to log in and out of Call Queues in Account Manager, the legacy version of 8x8 Admin Console, click here.
To enable agents to log in and out of their Call Queues via a desk phone.
Agents need to be enabled to log in or out of Call Queues in 8x8 Admin Console. You can enable this when you create a new Call Queue or use the steps below to enable agents to log in and out of an existing Call Queue.
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Call Queues
- Desk Phones
Enable Agents to Log in and out of Call Queues
First, you might want to check whether users are able to log in and out of a call queue.
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Call Queues.
- Click the Call Queue you wish to view.
- A page displaying your Call Queue's basic information will appear. Under Basic Settings, the option to Allow Agents to Log in and Out of Queues should be set to On to enable this feature or Off to disable it.
Log in and out of Call Queues as an Agent on a Desk Phone
- From an extension that is part of any call queue, dial 5 5 7.
- Follow the IVR instructions to log in/out of assigned queues. (You can log in/out of specific queues individually, or all queues at once.)
- Option 1: Log in to all queues.
- Option 2: Log in to a specific queue.
- Option 3: Log out of all queues.
- Option 4: Log out of a specific queue.
- Option 5: Review current queue assignment details.
Agents are also about to log in to call queues through Work for Desktop.