Note: For an overview on overhead paging in Account Manager, click here.
To set up Overhead Paging in Virtual Office Configuration Manager.
With the Virtual Office Overhead Paging System, you can dial an extension number and connect to an announcement paging system. The announcement system is a one-way speaker system, such as an amplifier connecting to a speaker. After dialing the extension number associated with the Overhead Paging system (and an optional password check), the caller can begin speaking immediately.
- Configuration Manager
- Overhead Paging
Add an Overhead Paging Device in VO Configuration Manager
- Log in to Configuration Manager.
- Click Devices.
- Click Add Device Model.
- Select the model of your ATA terminal from the drop-down.
- Click Add Device Model.
- View your device inventory to confirm that your ATA terminal has been added to the list.
Activating Your Overhead Paging Device
The activation process for an overhead paging device is the same as with a physical extension.
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click Users.
- Create a user profile and select an available service license for your user, or click Edit (pencil icon) to the right of your designated user.
- Go to Voice Basic Settings and select Overhead Paging Device from the drop-down.
- Select the model of your ATA Terminal. If you have multiple ATA bases, you will need to create multiple ATA terminals for each base.
- Select the Port that your paging system will be plugged in to.
- Optional: Enter a password for the overhead paging device.
- Click Save.
- Select to activate your device using a MAC ID or Activation Code.
- If you chose to activate your device with the Activation Code, call the registration service from the device and follow the instructions on the call. If you chose to input your device's MAC ID, your device will be activated when you save the user profile.
- Once you have activated your device, click Save.
Model-Specific Instructions on Setting up Overhead Paging Systems
- Bogen PCM-TIM
- Bogen TAMB2
- Bogen UTI1
- Valcom V-2000A
- Valcom V-9940
- Valcom V-9941A
- Valcom V-9970
- Viking PA-2A
- Viking PA-15
- Viking PA-30
An Overhead Paging extension can receive calls like other Virtual Office physical extensions, but cannot make outgoing calls:
- Dial the Overhead Paging extension number to speak to the announcement system.
- After dialing the extension number, you will be prompted to enter the password (only for FXO mode). (The default password is blank.) This password check is optional, depending on the configuration.
- You can start speaking to the announcement system after hearing the bell tone.
8x8 supports multiple Overhead Paging extensions within an iPBX. Virtual Office subscribers can install Overhead Paging Systems in different zones and have specific extension numbers for each zone. Please note that the Virtual Office Overhead Paging solution is not an intercom system, as it only supports one-way announcement. The system must be connected via ATA terminal.
8x8 Virtual Office Overhead Paging works with paging systems that have a standard analog phone input (RJ11 Port or "Tip & Ring"), and supports FXO mode.
Before you begin setting up a paging group, you add an overhead paging device, specifically an ATA terminal, to connect to your paging system and activate the ATA terminal.