Why are Ring Group Calls are dropping instead of following the configured call forwarding rule?
- 8x8 Work Ring Group
- When all calls that reach a particular forwarding rule fail to forward to the destination
There are many reasons that could cause a call forward not to connect. Please check the following which may help resolve the issue:
- The destination number is valid
- The destination is accepting your calls:
- The destination is not busy
- The destination has not blocked the number you are forwarding from
- The Destination Number can be dialed from a 8x8 Work extension
- The Ring Group does not have a Phone number assigned to it, check that the Site has a Main Line Number configured
- Check that the Site the Ring Group belongs to is configured with the correct Calling Country / External Dial Plan
- If the destination number is an international number, has International Call Forwarding been enabled for the PBX, Service Extensions and Ring Group?
- A case will need to be raised to 8x8 for this to be enabled or to check the current setting
- Can I forward my 8x8 calls to international numbers?
If the above does not resolve your issue please log a case with 8x8 Support How to Create a Case with 8x8 Support
Please include details such as:
- The affected Ring Group
- The destination you are trying to forward to
- A call example of the failure
- Details to include;
- Time: ##:## (Time Zone)
- Source Number:
- Destination Number:
- Fault Description: