To learn how to change a Ring Group's Inbound Caller ID in 8x8 Admin Console.
When you edit or create your ring group, you can select the Ring Group Caller ID, which affects how incoming calls will be displayed for the selected Ring Group.
Examples of Ring Group Caller ID
The examples below show how the Ring Group Caller ID appears on a phone screen when you choose the following Caller ID options.
Caller's Name and Caller's Number:
- Joe Smith
- (555) 123-4567
Ring Group Name and Ring Group Extension:
- Sales Team
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Ring Groups
- Inbound Caller ID
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Ring Groups.
- Click Edit next to your designated Ring Group.
- Under Basic Information, select one of the following options from the Ring Group Caller ID drop-down.
- Ring Group Name and Caller's Number
- Caller's Name and Caller's Number
- Ring Group Name and the Ring Group Extension
- Caller's Name and Dialed Number
- Click Save.
In Work for Desktop The caller name displayed on Ring Group calls uses the Caller ID name presented by the caller. The name is only looked up in the contact directory if the incoming call does not include a caller name.
Please note this is only applicable when the Ring Group is configured to display Caller's Name, there are other options which do not show the Caller's Name.
Other than Ring Group calls, any other call would attempt to first resolve the number using the contact directory and then revert to the caller ID.