Add a Forwarding Rule to a Ring Group.
- Configuration Manager
- Call Forwarding
Before You Begin
- Please make sure the Site Main Number is set. If no number is assigned to the ring group (e.g., in the instance of overflow ring groups), then it will use the Site Main Number to make calls out.
- Forwarding to an international number? International Call Forwarding is available to business customers whose 8x8 services include an international dialing plan and have been established for 6 months or longer. To request enablement of international call forwarding, please create a case with 8x8 Technical Support.
To Set Ring Group Call Forwarding
- Log in to Configuration Manager.
- Click Ring Groups.
- Click Edit (pencil icon) on the Ring Group you want to edit.
- Scroll down to Call Forwarding Rules.
- For your rules, you can choose from:
- Forward all calls
- When Internet connection is down
- When all members are busy
- When no one in Ring Group answer
- On the rule you wish to implement, click Edit (pencil icon).
- Choose whether you wish to Forward calls to voicemail or a user/number.
Note: If forwarding to a user/number, you can either choose from the drop down list for extensions/ring groups/auto attendants/queues, or you can manually type in an external number.
- Click Save.
- When returning to the Ring Group Edit page, save.