To block a number in Virtual Office Desktop - SMP Platform
8x8 offers phone number blocking at the extension level. Use Call Forwarding in the Virtual Office Desktop to add problematic phone numbers to a special rule for handling.
- Virtual Office Desktop - SMP Platform
- Log in to Virtual Office Desktop.
- Click Settings (Gear).
- Under Settings, go to Account Settings.
- Click on Call forwarding rules
- Click on "+Add new rule"
6. Enter a Rule Name (e.g., Blocked Numbers).
7. In the When to apply this rule section, click on Selected callers box to make the other options available
8. Enter a phone number (if the number is in your contact list, it will automatically populate). Click on Add to the list button.
To add more numbers, continue to enter them in one at a time.
- Note: To block groups of numbers such as an area code, just enter the first few digits. For example, if the area code is 555, enter the blocked number as 1555 and click Add.
9. Click the During what time section to set options for when the number(s) should be subjected to the blocker rule (Anytime).
10. Click the Forward the calls to section and select No one and play busy.
9. Click Save to save the new forwarding settings.
You can edit, copy, or delete rules at any time by returning to Call Forwarding in Settings.