Sending a fax through the Virtual Office Desktop application.
- Virtual Office Desktop
- Internet fax
- Log in to Virtual Office Desktop.
- Click Fax.
- Click New.
- Click To: to select the fax recipient. You can select an existing contact or type the destination number in the search bar.
- To attach a file to send, click Attach (paper clip) or drag and drop a file into the Virtual Office Desktop window.
- When all documents are attached, click the Send.
- Allow the document time to send. Multiple attachments, documents with multiple pages, or large documents that contain images can take longer to fax.
Customize Your Fax Cover Sheet
While creating new fax, click Open in the Cover field to open the cover page details. In the cover page details, you can:
- Enter the recipient name
- Write a note to preface the fax
- If you have been given internet fax function, but do not see the Fax option, log out of Virtual Office Desktop and log back in.
- To add internet fax in Virtual Office Configuration Manager, follow the guide here.
- To add internet fax in Virtual Office Account Manager, please contact your sales associate.
Internet Fax Limitations
- Attach multiple files in a single fax, to a total of just under 19 MB.
- You may experience issues sending or receiving faxes more than 20 pages in length.
- The following file extensions (document types) are supported: html, docx, doc, dotx, dotm, dot, mht, mhtml, rft, txt, wps, xml, xlsx, xlsm, xlsb, xls, xltx, xltm, xlt, csv, tif, pdf, ppt, BMP, DCX, DIB, DPX, FAX, FITS, FPX, GIF, GIF87, ICO, IPTC, JBIG, JP2, JPEG, JPG, MIFF, MNG, MPC, MTV, OTB, PBM, PCD, PCDS, PCT, PCX, PGM, PICT, PNG, PNM, PPM, PSD, P7, RAS, RGBA, SGI, SUN, TGA, TIFF, VICAR, VID, VIFF, WMF, XBM, XPM, XWD
- You can access a fax directly from Virtual Office for up to 120 days.