Sending a fax through the Virtual Office Desktop application.
- Virtual Office Desktop
- Internet fax
- Log in to Virtual Office Desktop.
- Click Fax.
- Click the New icon.
- Click To: to select the fax recipient. You can select an existing contact or type the destination number in the search bar.
- To attach a file to send, click the Attach icon or drag and drop a file into the Virtual Office Desktop window.
- When all documents are attached, click the Send icon at the top right.
- Allow the document time to send. Multiple attachments, documents with multiple pages, or large documents that contain images can take longer to fax.
Customize Your Fax Cover Sheet
While creating a new fax, click the Open icon in the Cover field to open the cover page details. In the cover page details, you can:
- Enter the recipient name
- Write a note to preface the fax
- If you have been given internet fax function, but do not see the Fax option, log out of Virtual Office Desktop and log back in.
- To add internet fax in Virtual Office Configuration Manager, follow the guide here.
- To add internet fax in Virtual Office Account Manager, please contact your sales associate.
Internet Fax Limitations
- Attach multiple files in a single fax, to a total of just under 19 MB.
- You may experience issues sending or receiving faxes more than 20 pages in length.
- The following file extensions (document types) are supported: html, docx, doc, dotx, dotm, dot, mht, mhtml, rft, txt, wps, xml, xlsx, xlsm, xlsb, xls, xltx, xltm, xlt, csv, tif, pdf, ppt, BMP, DCX, DIB, DPX, FAX, FITS, FPX, GIF, GIF87, ICO, IPTC, JBIG, JP2, JPEG, JPG, MIFF, MNG, MPC, MTV, OTB, PBM, PCD, PCDS, PCT, PCX, PGM, PICT, PNG, PNM, PPM, PSD, P7, RAS, RGBA, SGI, SUN, TGA, TIFF, VICAR, VID, VIFF, WMF, XBM, XPM, XWD
- You can access a fax directly from Virtual Office for up to two months.