Note: To set up Virtual Office Desktop as a softphone in the legacy version of Virtual Contact Center, click here.
Virtual Office Desktop (VOD) is available as a softphone option for Virtual Contact Center (VCC). This allows the agent to use VOD instead of a physical phone. Calls to the user's extension can be directed to VOD. Follow the instructions below to use and set up VOD softphones for your agents in VCC.
Things to Know
- Dedicated Agent Extension Mode cannot be used while using VOD as a softphone.
- You must have a VCC Contact Center license and a Virtual Office license in order to use VOD as a softphone.
- Users log in to Virtual Office and VCC with the same credentials.
- Check that the Interaction Time Out in VCC is shorter than Number of Rings before the call is routed to voicemail in VCC.
- If the Number of Rings is longer than the Interaction Time Out, then callers that are routed to voicemail are never routed back to the Call Queue.
To configure a VCC Agent user profile in VCC Editions and X Series
Before you add an agent with a VOD softphone, you need to claim a phone number for their VCC account.
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click Users.
- Click Create User.
- Fill in the required information:
- First name
- Last name
- Under Services and Permissions, select the desired VCC Contact Center seat.
- Click + next to the license to add another service.
- Select an available Virtual Office license from the drop-down menu.
- Select a phone number from the Phone Number drop-down.
- Enter an Extension Number or accept the default number provided.
- Set Device to None.
- Under Virtual Contact Center (VCC) Agent Settings, click Suggest to generate an extension number.
- Click Save.
To set up VOD as a softphone in VCC Editions
- Log in to VCC Configuration Manager.
- Select Agents.
- Click Edit to the right of the designated user.
- Click the Phone tab.
- Enter the user's full VOD phone number as their Workplace Phone.
- Click Save.
- Agents must set their status to Available to make and receive calls in their assigned queues in VCC.
- Agents must put calls on hold in VCC so that the transaction details will be visible.
- Agents must transfer calls in VCC or the calls will be dropped on the VCC side.