Virtual Office Desktop (VOD) crashes upon sign in or shortly after any activity. After reinstalling, the application does not load long enough to allow the user to change settings or switch to New Experience mode.
- Virtual Office Desktop
- Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
Reinstall Virtual Office Desktop
- Uninstall Virtual Office Desktop.
- Reboot the system.
- Install the latest version of VOD.
- Go to Settings > General.
- Select Switch to New Experience.
- Switch to New Experience mode.
If after reinstalling VOD the application does not load long enough to allow the user to switch to New Experience mode, continue on to the next section(s).
Overwrite the 8x8 Directories
Overwriting the 8x8 directories in Program Files (x86) and Roaming (%appdata% in user's File Explorer) with functional 8x8 directories from a system that is already configured in New Experience mode will do either one of two things:
- The 8x8 application will instantly load in the New Experience mode, thereby resolving the issue.
- The 8x8 application will load prompting for the user's 8x8 login credentials (as if the application is running on a new Windows profile instance), giving you enough time to enable the Switch to New Experience after the user signs in. (You may need to run the application as administrator to enable this route of resolution).
Check and Update the Following
- Most of the platforms are run by Java, have you managed to install Java?
- If you haven't installed Adobe Flash, you will need to install it due to some of the features require Adobe Flash. It is as important as Java.
- Since .NET Framework is used at the background with Windows Service Pack and it's very important to have it updated, this can cause issues as Waiting for Application Response.
- You will also need to keep your VOD app updated. If your Virtual Office Desktop app is not updated, you will need to update it for the latest services.
Once the applications are all installed, restart your PC. This should now resolve the issue with VOD crashing.
This may be due to incompatible interoperability with 8x8 Contacts that are not also on the New Experience interface.