Microsoft Azure's Tutorial on how to setup SSO/SAML provides information for configuring both Azure and 8x8 Virtual Office. Since Azure's tutorial is very detailed, there are slight changes that need to be made to the section Configuring Microsoft Azure AD SSO.
Step 3 in Configure App Settings
- Enter https://sso.8x8.com/saml2 in the Identifier field and the Reply URL field.
- Select Show advanced settings (optional).
Step 12 in Configuring Microsoft Azure AD SSO (same section)
- For Uploading the Certificate, Account Manager takes certificates in Standard PEM (.cer) file format.
- Convert the Certificate file to Standard PEM via SSLShopper.com.
- Browse file for the Certificate.
- For Type of Current Certificate choose (DER/Binary).
- For Type To Covert To choose (Standard PEM).
When opened in Notepad, a Standard PEM certificate should look something like this.
If the certificate displays any of the below special characters, it was improperly converted.