Configuring Google Single Sign On (SSO)
Account Manager, Configuration Manager, Google SSO, SAML 2.0
- Log in to Account Manager as an administrator.
- Navigate to Accounts > Single Sign On.
- Check the box next to Single Sign On and select SAML or Google, depending on the SSO method you intend to use.
- To allow users to log in with either SSO or their 8x8 username: Check both the boxes for 8x8 Username and Password and Single Sign On.
- To force all users to use only SSO for logging into 8x8 services: Uncheck the box for 8x8 Username and Password.
- Click Save.
- Log in to Configuration Manager as an administrator.
- Navigate to Home > Identity Management.
- To allow users to log in with either SSO or their 8x8 user credentials, check the 8x8 Username and Password option. Leave this option unchecked if you wish to force all users to use only their SSO credentials for logging into 8x8 services.
- Check the Single Sign On (SSO) box to enable SSO features.
- Select Google or Other SAML SSO Provider, depending on the service type you're using.
- Note that the Other SAML SSO Provider option requires additional configuration.
SAML is a method of authentication and authorization used to confirm user identity for logging in to various services.
Companies using Identity Management Systems such as Okta, OneLogin, Ping Identity, and Microsoft ADFS require their employees to be able to authenticate to 8x8 services using their company username instead of an 8x8 username. 8x8 services support SAML 2.0 and Google OAuth Federated Single Sign-On (SSO). Configuring SSO can simplify the login process for your 8x8 end users.
For more information, see Virtual Office SAML and Google SSO Configuration.