Record it professionally or do it yourself?
An Auto Attendant greeting is often the first impression callers have of your company. An engaging and well-crafted recording can strengthen your company’s image as a professional and successful business. The 8x8 Auto Attendant allows you to easily record your greeting directly into the system using your own voice.
Tips for doing it yourself
- Find a quiet place where you will not be interrupted. Excessive background noise will be distracting and sound unprofessional.
- Practice reading your script out loud. Often your script will sound different out loud than when you read it in your head.
- Speak calmly and professionally Use your own voice and personality. Avoid the temptation of going into radio-broadcaster mode.
- Smile while speaking. You will be amazed at how a smile will come through in your recording.
- Take your time while you’re recording. Speak just a little bit slower than you think you need to. Playback the recording and re-record until you are completely satisfied.