What are Call Park Extensions?
- Call Park Extensions
Call Park Extensions (also known as BLF Call Park) is an 8x8 phone system feature that allows users to park and retrieve calls by pressing a Busy Lamp Field (BLF) key on their Poly IP Phone. This feature requires Power Keys. Benefits include:
- Allowing faster call routing through call parking.
- Parking and retrieving calls at the touch of a button without the need to remember a call parking extension number.
Note: Call Park extensions are added in order: 195000 through 199999. The existing call park range is 491, 492, 493, through 699, but no new extensions are created in that range. Extensions 500, 551 through 559, are reserved for use with other services.
- A parked call can be picked up by any extension within the organization
- The parked call will remain on the extension for a maximum of five minutes.
- After five minutes the call will automatically ring back the person who parked the call. If the ring back is not answered, the call is transferred to the person’s voicemail.
- When you park a call, the system will tell you which cloud extension the call is parked on; then anyone in the company can call that extension to pick up the parked call.