Note: click here.To enable agents to log in and out of Call Queues in 8x8 Admin Console,
The optional 8x8 Work Call Queue service places incoming calls in line to be answered while extension users are busy with other calls. If enabled in Account Manager by the account administrator, agents can log themselves in or out of call queues using their phones or the 8x8 Work application.
Enabling Agents to Log In or Out of Assigned Queues (Admin)
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Click Phone System > Call Queues.
- Do one of the following:
- Create and configure a new queue: Click Create New Queue.
- Edit an existing queue: To the right of a desired queue, click Edit.
- Under Agent Assignment > Allow agents to log in and out from assigned queues, mark either Yes (allowed)or No (not allowed).
- Click Save to complete changes.
Logging In or Out of Assigned Queues (Agents)
Note: Your 8x8 account administrator must first enable the ability for you to freely log in or out of call queues before you can complete the below.
This can be done in Work for Desktop, Work for Mobile, or on a desk phone.
- From an extension that is part of any call queue, dial 5 5 7.
- Follow the IVR instructions to log in/out of assigned queues. (You can log in/out of specific queues individually, or all queues at once.)
- Option 1: Log in to all queues.
- Option 2: Log in to a specific queue.
- Option 3: Log out of all queues.
- Option 4: Log out of a specific queue.
- Option 5: Review current queue assignment details.