To delete your call recordings.
Virtual Office Account Manager, Call Recording
Note: 8x8 Support is not able to delete recordings on behalf of customers/users. Please use the steps below to delete your recordings, and take care to monitor your storage.
To delete recordings as an Account Admin (Account Manager)
- Log in to Account Manager.
- From the top menu, click Phone System.
- Click View All Extensions.
- From the options above the extension table, click Download Call Recordings.
- Set search options
- Start Date
- End Date
- Time Zone
- Extension(s) - At least one extension must be selected.
- Click Search.
- From the list of results, click the box to the left of the recording you wish to download.
Note: From here, you can also play and delete recordings.
- From the options above the table, click Delete Recordings.
- In the confirmation window, click Delete.
To delete recordings as an Account Admin (Virtual Office Desktop/Online)
- Log in to Virtual Office Online or Desktop using primary admin login credentials.
- Select the primary admin softphone extension (typically, the first extension in the list).
- Once logged in, access Settings.
- From the left hand column, click Media Usage.
- Above the visual breakdown of call recording, meeting recording and remaining free data for the primary extension user, click the button for Manage Call Recordings For All Extensions.
- From the resulting list, double-click on any user to view a list of their call recordings. (If the list is extensive, you can search within it for a particular recording.)
- Check the box next to the recording you wish to download. (To download all recordings, check the box in the upper left corner.)
- From the top of the window, click Delete.
Note: From this window, recordings can also be downloaded and played, and the other calling party can be redialed.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- To view and delete other extensions' recordings, in the upper right corner, click the Back button.
To delete recordings as an Extension User (Virtual Office Desktop/Online)
- Log in to Virtual Office Online or Desktop.
- From the top menu, click History (clock icon). By default, complete extension activity history is shown.
- To view only call recordings, from the dropdown menu above the history list, select Call Recordings.
- Check box next to the recording you wish to delete. If the list is extensive, you can filter by name, phone number or date. To delete all recordings, check the box in the upper left corner.
Note: From this list, recordings can also be played.
- Next to the checkbox to the upper left of the list, click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm.
See also: Virtual Office Web Help on Recording.
See also: Account Manager User Guide (pg. 29-30).