Note: To enable Call Recording in 8x8 Admin Console, click here
8x8 Call Recording service is included with all 8x8 Virtual Office Pro extensions. Virtual Office Pro extension users can record their own incoming and outgoing calls, play them back, download, or delete them.
Do you need to record all your calls? Just log into your Account Manager or Virtual Office dashboard and set the call recording feature to Always Record. Do you only want to record some calls? Just choose the option, Record on Demand. Not in the mood for recording? Set the call recording option to Off.
Good to Know
Extra storage is charged at $5.99 per month for every GB over 1.0 GB. To avoid extra charges, it is important to monitor your storage usage and download and delete your recordings before they exceed the 1.0 GB limit.
Note: Users who have call recording set to Always On should be especially wary of their recording storage to avoid fees. 8x8 Support is not able to delete recordings on behalf of customers/users. Please use the steps below to delete your recordings, and take care to monitor your storage.
Recording notification requirements vary from location to location. Please familiarize yourself with laws and requirements in the areas you anticipate recording calls in before configuring call recording options.
Enabling Call Recording
To use your Call Recording service, you first need to enable it for your extensions in your Account Manager or for your extension in the Virtual Office Desktop application.
Enable Call Recording in Account Manager
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Go to Phone System > Call Recording from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Under Recording Mode, choose whether you will Always Record, Record on Demand, or turn Off call recording. You can select the setting for all extensions by choosing the option in the header. To change individual extensions, choose the setting in the drop-down in the extensions’ rows.
- Select whether an announcement plays when recording is active. Check the boxes under To Other Party if the outside caller will hear this announcement, and check the boxes under To Extension User if you want the extension user to hear the announcement.
Note: Recording notification requirements vary from location to location. It is your responsibility to ensure your use of the call recording feature abides by applicable local privacy laws.)
- The last four columns restrict the users’ access to the listed options. Checking the boxes means only the admin has the ability to change or use that option. For example, if you only want the account administrator to delete recordings, check the box(es) under Delete Recordings.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of your page.
Enable Call Recording in Virtual Office Desktop
- Log in to Virtual Office Desktop for your extension.
- Click Settings(gear).
- Go to Account Settings.
- Select My Services.
- Under Call Recording, set Recording Mode to Record on Demand or Always Record.
- Use the checkboxes to indicate whether to play an announcement before the recording begins.
Note: This is required by law in some locations.
- Click Save.