How to set up group paging in AM.
Paging allows users to make announcements to a department or a team by dialing an extension or pressing the softkey on their activated Polycom or Cisco phones.
- Account Manager
In order to access paging functionality, the user must have an activated Polycom or Cisco phone and be a member of the paging group.
To set up group paging:
- Click Phone System in the top navigation bar.
- Under the Phone System menu, click Paging.
- On Group Paging, click Configure.
- To create a name or label for the group, click the Edit Group Label link. Then enter a new group name.
- Click Save at the bottom of the window.
- Click Configure Paging Groups
7. Select the new group from Paging Groups. Make sure it becomes highlighted. Next, select the extension that participates in the group by searching and selecting the extension numbers.
8. Click Save at the bottom of the window.
-Polycom firmware version 4.0 or higher is required.
-Group paging uses IP multicast to send group pages to registered phones. This technology requires that all phones in a group page must have access to the same multicast IP address. In most cases, this requires that all phones receive their IP address from the same router. Geographically-dispersed phones that are serviced by separate routers will not support uniform access to intercom group paging.