By default, an extension is set to ring for 15 seconds before calls are sent to voicemail. There are two ways to increase how long your phone rings before a call is sent to voicemail: by an end user in the 8x8 Work for Desktop application settings.
Changing these settings will affect ring duration across all your 8x8 Work softphone applications (desktop, online, and mobile) and your desk phone.
Note: Using Cellular Voice as your inbound Call Mode in Virtual Office mobile? Your smartphone's default ring duration may take precedence over these settings if it is shorter.
In 8x8 Work for Desktop (End User)
To increase the ring duration for all calls at all times, you'll need to create and enable a call forwarding rule. These instructions assume you do not want to forward the call to any other destination besides voicemail.
To set a call forwarding rule with increased ring time
- In 8x8 Work for Desktop, click 8x8 Work > Settings > Account Settings.
- From the left menu, click Call Forwarding.
- Click +Add New Rule.
- Enter a Rule Name (example: 30 second ring).
- Click the Forward To tab.
- In the Ring For (seconds) column, enter the ring duration you wish to implement in seconds.
- Click OK.