Note: To change extension numbers in Admin Console, click here.
You can change extension numbers in Account Manager. Extension numbers may be one to five digits long, with some important exceptions.
To change extension numbers
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Click Phone System > Change Extension Numbers > Change.
- Review the Extension Usage Map below. Number ranges in green are available to use as extensions.
- Review the table of current extensions and numbers, then make sure the boxes next to all of the extensions you wish to change are checked.
- Enter new numbers for the extensions you wish to change in the New Extension column.
- For system-generated suggestions on four to five digit extensions, enter a number range in the box above the table and click Go. This will fill in the New Extension box for all regular voice lines in your account.
- For individual extension number suggestions, click the icon in the Suggest column to the right of the extension you wish to change.
- When you are finished with your changes, click Save Changes below the table.