Changing an extension to be a VCC dedicated. With a dedicated extension, the extension and Direct-in-Dial (DID) numbers are permanently redirected to Virtual Contact Center agent channels.
- Account Manager
- Virtual Contact Center
We will need to complete the below two steps in order to create a VCC dedicated extension.
- Step 1: Assign a dedicated extension to a user profile.
- Step 2: Update the user profile with Virtual Contact Center agent privileges.
Assign a Dedicated Extension to a User Profile
- Go to the Phone System tab.
- Click View All Extensions.
- Select an available extension from the list, and click Edit.
- Click Select User Profile. A window appears, showing all available user profiles.
- Find a user profile from the list, and click Select.
- Select the VCC Dedicated Extension check box.
- Click Save Changes. The extension number is now assigned to that user profile.
Update a User Profile with Virtual Contact Center Agent Privileges
- Go to the Accounts tab.
- Select User Profiles.
- Search for the user assigned to a dedicated extension in the previous step. Click Edit.
You see the extension number show up in the profile.
- Select the VCC Agent check box to assign the agent privileges to the user profile.
- If not selected already, select the dedicated extension number, next to the agent's primary extension, as the primary extension number for this agent.
- Click Save.
This extension user is now assigned agent privileges and a dedicated extension.