Note: To transfer your number to 8x8 in Admin Console, click here.
To transfer US numbers to 8x8 in Account Manager (legacy).
- Account Manager
- Number Transfer
The below process is applicable to US customers only. If your 8x8 services are set up for use in another country, please work with your reseller or support contact to complete the number porting process. The process outlined below is specific to Account Manager.
- Click Phone System from the top navigation bar.
- In the gray box to the left, find and click Number Transfer.
- Review instructions and gather the required information.
- Authorized User Name
- Service Address
- Your Company Name (if Applicable)
- Account Numbers/PINs (if Applicable)
- Click the red Begin Number Transfer button.
Please keep in mind:
- It is critical that you fill in your information correctly. Your current carrier may not release your number if information entered here is not complete and accurate.
- The service information your provider has on file may not match what you see on your bill. To avoid delays please contact your provider to confirm these details.
- Do not cancel your old phone service until after your number is transferred to 8x8. We cannot transfer your number(s) unless your account is still active with your old provider. After your number has been transferred to 8x8, your former phone service provider may automatically discontinue your service with them. However, you should contact your former phone service provider to confirm this.
- Do you have DSL? You cannot transfer a number that has DSL service associated with it. You can sign up for cable or satellite service, and then you can transfer the number to 8x8. Or, you can contact your current provider and ask for a new number for your DSL service, have the DSL switched to the new number, then port your old number.
Additional Steps for Toll-Free Numbers
After submitting the port request, Toll-Free number porting requires the following to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Case Number generated during the port in the Subject line:
- Copy of Bill dated within the last 30 days and lists the TF number, Company Name, and Billing Address
- A signed and completed copy of the Toll-Free Letter of Authorization