Creating, editing, and viewing Ring Group settings requires administrator privileges in Account Manager. If you do not have access to Account Manager, contact your account admin. To learn how to view or change your individual Work for Desktop voicemail password, click here.
Note: To change your Ring Group voicemail password in Admin Console, click here.
- Account Manager
- Ring Groups
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Go to Phone System > Ring Groups.
- Click Edit under the Action column for the desired Ring Group.
- In the Ring Group Details section, scroll to Voicemail Password. Here you can view or edit the current password.
Make sure the voicemail password meets the following requirements:
- Passwords must be 4 to 15 digits long.
- Passwords must not be the same digits (e.g., 0000, 1111, 9999).
- Numbers must not be sequential (e.g., 1234, 4321).
- Your password should not be your extension number.
- Passwords should not be any year (from 1900 - 2017).
- Passwords should not be a repeating ABAB pattern (e.g., 1010, 1212, 3131, etc.).
- Passwords must not be 2580, 0852, or 5683. (These are common combinations based on key placement or word association.)