When callers dial your Virtual Number (or a phone number that points to your Virtual Number), they suddenly encounter a busy signal or an audio message that says the number is not in service.
If you have confirmed your company's Main Number is set properly and any associated number port is complete, switching the Virtual Number Destination briefly, then switching it back will clear the error preventing callers from reaching you. This must be completed by an account administrator with the appropriate Account Manager privileges.
To Toggle the Virtual Number Destination
- Log in to Account Manager.
- From the top menu, click Phone System.
- From the left panel, click Virtual and Toll-Free Numbers.
- Locate the affected number, then click Edit to the left.
- Review and note the current selection for Destination.
- From the Destination drop-down, select any other option besides the current one.
- Click Confirm to set the new destination.
- Once again click to Edit the Virtual Number.
- Set the Destination back to the original selection.
- Click Confirm to complete the process, reset the destination, and clear the call issue.
This procedure should be completed any time the Virtual Number Caller ID is edited.
This known issue is currently being addressed by our engineering teams, and is triggered when the Caller ID Name for the affected Virtual Number is changed in Account Manager.
Until this issue is corrected, users are advised to execute the Destination toggling steps below any time the Virtual Number Caller ID Name is changed.