To set up voicemail in Account Manager and 8x8 Work apps.
Please note: there is no default voicemail password. If you have forgotten your password, you can reconfigure it in your 8x8 Work application, or contact your system administrator.
Note: Setting up voicemail for a Toll-Free Number or Virtual Number (such as your main company number) simply depends on what extension the number is pointing to. After that is established, you can proceed to set up voicemail for that extension using the steps provided below.
- Account Manager
Change Voicemail Settings in Account Manager
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Select Phone System > View All Extensions
- Find the extension whose voicemail options you wish to edit and click Edit Extension.
- On the Voicemail Settings line, click the + button. Here, you can edit:
- Voicemail Password: Numbers only, 4-15 digits. Your password cannot be repeating (0000) or sequential (1234), and cannot be the same as the extension number.
- Voicemail Notification Via Email: Choices include:
- Attachment Only (sends email with audio file attached)
- Notification Only (sends an email alert that you have received a new voicemail)
- Link & Attachment (sends an email with both an audio file attached and a link to your visual voicemail landing page online)
- Link Only (sends an email with a link to your visual voicemail landing page online)
- Attachment, Delete Orig. VM (sends an email with an audio attachment and automatically deletes the voicemail from your voicemail inbox)
- Note: Customer assumes risk that a voicemail can be lost if their email is mishandled for any reason.
- Voicemail-to-Email Address: Enter the email address to which you would like notifications sent when your extension receives a voicemail.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save Changes.
Need to set up Ring Group voicemail? Click here.
System administrators can configure voicemail settings for any extension in Account Manager. Individual extension users can change their voicemail settings in Work for Desktop or Virtual Office Online. To configure voicemail settings as a system administrator in 8x8 Admin Console, click here.
Changes can be made to voicemail settings on the phone through the voicemail options audio menu only after the initial voicemail password has been set up in Account Manager, Work for Desktop, or Virtual Office Online.
Once your voicemail is set up, dial 555 from your own extension to access it. (Click here for more options.)