Virtual Office Account Manager Users: This feature is planned for future availability on the Virtual Office Legacy service in the Account Manager administrative portal.
Enabling voicemail transcription for your company or organization in Virtual Office Configuration Manager.
- Virtual Office Configuration Manager
- Voicemail Transcript
- X Series
- Log in to Virtual Office Configuration Manager.
- From the top left menu, go to Profile Policies.
- To the right of the 8x8 Master User Template, click Edit (pencil icon).
Note: These steps may be repeated for any other configured profile policy you have.
- Scroll down to the Disable Voicemail Transcription section.
- Click the toggle to gray to enable voicemail transcription.
- Click Save.
- Confirm users' Voicemail Notification settings are set to Notification only.
Note: It may take up to 30 minutes before transcriptions begin to be generated for incoming voicemails.
- The Voicemail Transcription feature transcribes a user's voicemails to readable text that is sent to the user's email.
- The language used for the transcription depends on the language set on the user's extension.
- Only messages longer than five seconds are transcribed.
- It may take up to five minutes for the email to be received following the end of the voicemail recording.
- This feature is not currently available for Ring Group or Call Queue voicemail. Extensions only.
- This feature is currently enabled company-wide, and not on a per-user basis.