Note: To find the activation code for your phone or base unit in Account Manager, the legacy version of Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
Activating your 8x8 phones requires an activation code.
This activation code is included in all of the following:
- The user's extension Welcome Email - Sent to individual extension users when a new user profile is assigned to an extension. If you cannot locate your Welcome email, your 8x8 account administrator can have it sent to you again. Note: If the user's device was not assigned when the Welcome email was sent, assign a device and send the Welcome email to the user again.
- Virtual Office Configuration Manager - Accessible to authorized 8x8 account administrators.
Finding the Activation Code in the Welcome Email (End Users)
- Look for an email with the subject, "Welcome to 8x8: You've Been Assigned a New 8x8 Virtual Office Extension."
- Scroll down to Your Extension Info to see the Device Activation Code.
To view your device's activation code, you must have already added your device to the system. Your account administrator will need to assign a device to your user profile and send the Welcome email to you again.
Finding the Activation Code in VO Configuration Manager (Admins)
To view a device's activation code, the device must be added to your account. To add a device, go to Devices, click Add Device Model, and select your device from the drop-down. Then click Add Device Model to confirm these changes.
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click Devices.
- Click View Device Report.