8x8 Frontdesk is a flexible and easy-to-use desktop based application for 8x8 Work users.
With a few clicks, a receptionist can manage multiple calls, voicemails, and chat sessions, and direct communications to the appropriate contacts in their organization.
- 8x8 Work
- 8x8 Work for Desktop
Requirements & Features
- An 8x8 X4 license
- 8x8 Frontdesk capability enabled in 8x8 Admin Console
- 8x8 Work for Desktop version 7.11 or newer
With 8x8 Frontdesk, a receptionist can quickly and efficiently:
- Manage up to six concurrent calls, and take advantage of a flexible call handling system.
- Transfer calls to contacts, or directly to a contact's voicemail if the caller needs to reach a contact who is temporarily unavailable.
- Track the presence status of contacts to determine who is available for communication.
- Add notes to contacts with important information, such as whether the contact asked not to be disturbed or is working from a different time zone than usual. The Status message will also be shown in the Notes section.
- Direct calls to an auto attendant, or a call queue or ring group to help callers reach their destination during hours when a live receptionist is unavailable.
- Chat and consult with a contact before transferring a call to confirm the contact's availability.
- Manage voicemail received from callers or contacts.