You cannot accept inbound calls on your desk phone. Instead, calls go straight to voicemail, as if the extension is in Do Not Disturb (DND) mode. There is no indication on the desk phone that the extension is in DND.
Virtual Office Desktop, Virtual Office Online, 8x8 Work
Set Presence to Available
Ensure that the extension is Available in all softphone clients.
In Virtual Office Desktop / 8x8 Work and Online (both required)
- Log in to Virtual Office Desktop / 8x8 Work or Virtual Office Online.
- To the right of your username, click the presence indicator (the colored circle that indicates the extension's availability).
- Set availability to Available, or any state besides Do Not Disturb.
In Virtual Office Mobile / 8x8 Work for Mobile
- Log in to Virtual Office Mobile / 8x8 Work for Mobile
- Click your User Profile icon.
- Touch the status icon (colored circle next to your name) to open the status selector.
- Set status to Available, or any state besides Do Not Disturb.
Most likely, the extension has been set to Do Not Disturb in Virtual Office Desktop, Online, or Mobile. When this is set on a softphone client, there is no visual indication on the phone that DND has been turned on. Even if you log off of the computer or mobile client, if DND has not been removed, the extension will remain in that state, with no way to toggle the setting from the phone.