In 8x8 Admin Console accounts, the 8x8 Work fax service does not appear for a specific user.
Work for Desktop user on the 8x8 Admin Console service platform.
There are three likely causes of this problem:
- License Issue: An appropriate license allowing fax services may not be assigned to the user.
- Missing Fax Number: No fax number has been assigned to the user.
- 8x8 Work Issue: 8x8 Work has not received the user setting change from Configuration Manager.
To resolve this problem:
- License Issue:
- In 8x8 Admin Console go to Home > Users and Edit the affected user profile.
- Scroll down to Services and permissions and confirm that the user has a license assigned that includes fax services (X2 minimum).
- Assign a license if one isn't assigned, and click Save.
- Missing Fax Number:
- If a license is already assigned to the user, scroll down to Fax notification settings
- Verify that a fax number has been assigned.
- Assign a phone number if needed and click Save.
- 8x8 Work Issue:
- If a fax number is already assigned to the user, then remove the fax number by click the X next to it.
- Then go back and re-add that fax number and Save again.
- In all cases, the user must log out of 8x8 Work and log back in to see the Fax service appear.