Agent Workspace (the "classic" 8x8 Contact Center agent user interface) is scheduled for End of Life on January 31, 2023. Instead, Agents now have access to Agent Workspace, an enhanced interface with an improved user experience.
- 8x8 Contact Center
Agent Workspace will continue to be available for use until the end-of-life date, however, as of August 1, 2022, no additional features will be added to Agent Workspace (only critical bugs and security vulnerabilities will be fixed).
Admin Action Required
- Enable for Agents in Configuration Manager: Force activate or allow agents to toggle on/off.
- Notify Agents of New Version: See sample email in the FAQs below.
Note: Agents using the old console will see in-app instructions to enable later this year (unless you've opted out).
Frequently Asked Questions
What is changing?
Standard support for Agent Workspace has been discontinued as of Aug 1, 2022, with an End of Life (EOL) date of January 31, 2023.
With Agent Workspace nearing EOL, we will be working to encourage adoption of Agent Workspace. This includes designated communication tracks, improved training, and targeted messaging to help our customers and partners realize the benefits of Agent Workspace and encourage the switch before our EOL date of January 2023.
While Agent Workspace will remain Generally Available, no new features will be added and only critical bugs and security vulnerabilities will be fixed during the Extended Support phase (August 2022 – January 2023). New features pertaining to the agent experience will only be released in Agent Workspace moving forward.
What is the reason for the change?
Agent Workspace, which was launched in March 2022, brought an improved design and experience to our contact center users based on over two years of research and development. Given how stellar this new product is, we’d like to ensure our customers reap the benefits! In order to do this, we’ll be putting a full communication and adoption plan in place to help encourage migration as quickly as possible.
Just a quick recap of how Agent Workspace reimagines the contact center agent console and the immense value it delivers to our customers:
- Intuitive: engaging and empowering agents through universally familiar and friendly digital design patterns. It also features streamlined navigation that is proven to save time, improve handling time and prevent user error.
- Customer Centric: Agent Workspace makes it easy for the agent to deliver consistent experiences across all channels, and offers personalization when it matters most. A single pane of glass presents context across channels for faster, personalized customer experiences.
- Empowered: Empowerment means providing admins, managers, and supervisors with the control they need. Agent Workspace delivers an integration-friendly architecture to go beyond screen pops and integration of CRM data. Its highly configurable backend allows contact center managers and supervisors to customize, adapt and modify the agent workspace to support continuous innovation.
- Efficient: And to contact center leaders, achieving gains in operational efficiency is always top of mind. Finally, one of the most compelling features of Agent Workspace is its adaptive, automated workflows.
Be sure to share the Agent Workspace video that highlights some of the enticing features!
Who is impacted?
Any existing 8x8 Contact Center customers including resellers, agents & distributors.
Can I still use Agent Workspace?
It is not possible to change back to the old Agent Workspace on or after January 31st, 2023.
How do I start using Agent Workspace?
8x8 Contact Center admins can enable Agent Workspace for individual users, groups of users, or the entire tenant. Please see the Activate 8x8 Agent Workspace resource for more information.
What are the benefits of switching to Agent Workspace?
Agent Workspace has been designed and built from the ground up based on customer feedback; so we’ve taken the feedback on how Agent Workspace could be improved to better serve our customers. The result is a more intuitive, simple-to-use product that will increase productivity and improve the employee experience.
Why are you going to stop offering Agent Workspace?
Maintaining two user interfaces requires a significantly increased amount of effort. By sunsetting Agent Workspace, it allows us to focus investment into Agent Workspace, accelerating new features and capabilities for customers for both the Contact Center and XCaaS suite of products.
Why wasn't I informed of the switch?
The Agent Workspace end-of-life announcement was made in May 2022 by email to all admin and maintenance contacts. Since then every monthly update about new features and bugs fixed in CC has contained a reminder about the Agent Workspace end-of-life date.
Can you offer a sample email that admins can use to notify agents?
Absolutely, we recommend sharing the following:
You now have access 8x8's enhanced agent console - Agent Workspace.
Action Required: Be sure to enable the new console no later than xx/xx/xx.
To enable 8x8 Agent Workspace:
Log in to your 8x8 Agent Workspace.
Change your status to Work Offline (momentarily).
Go to Menu > Profile > Personalization > Select Agent Workspace.