Insert FAQ responses and rich media into chat interactions for Agent Workspace
- Contact Center
To insert an FAQ response during a live chat session:
During a live chat, click Knowledge base under your chat window to open the FAQ Search window. You can search for or select an FAQ from the list.
Note: If permitted by the tenant administrator, you can view, add, delete, or edit FAQs by going to the main menu and selecting Main menu > Knowledge base.
- Select an FAQ from the list and click Insert as link or Insert as text.
You can insert as a link or full text.
Once you insert the FAQ in your chat response, click Send or press enter to communicate this information to the customer participating in the chat.
To insert an FAQ shortcut:
Inserting an FAQ by shortcut requires you to know the shortcuts beforehand. Each shortcut is linked to an FAQ item which is defined by the Supervisor. If you do not remember the shortcut, you can go to the FAQ knowledge base and look for it.
During a live chat, click Knowledge base under your chat window to open the FAQ Search window and look for the shortcuts.
- Type the FAQ shortcut that refers to the information in your chat response. For example, \q brings the following text: "We are open from 8 am - 7 pm EST Monday to Friday, Saturday 8 am- 12 pm, Sunday closed."
- Select the shortcut check box and click to Insert as link or Insert as text.
Once you insert the shortcut in your chat response, click Send or press enter to communicate this information to the customer participating in the chat.
To insert rich media FAQs from Internet:
- During a live chat, locate and find an image on Internet.
- In the right-click menu, copy the image and paste it to the chat window and share it with your customers. Or, select and add an image from your computer to the FAQ. Then insert the FAQ in the live chat window.
Click Send or press enter. The image is now sent.
HTML tags in chat editor
Chat editor allows for rich media FAQs to be inserted directly into the chat conversation and sent to the other party, or it can be inserted as a link to the html content. In case FAQ contains tables, or more complex html elements/content, the FAQ will always be inserted into the chat/sent to the customer as a link to the html content, and not directly shown within the conversation.
Note: Tables and more complex HTML elements or contents are not supported by the editor and will always be inserted into the chat as a link to the HTML content.