How to Configure Netgear FVS338 Router for 8x8 Service
To configure Netgear FVS338 router for 8x8 service, make sure your router is powered on and connected to your network. Learn more here.
The purpose of this article is to provide a sample configuration. At the time of article creation, this device was in a known working state on the firmware used.
Keep in mind different firmware versions will interact with hosted VoIP services in different ways. While this device may be fully functional on the tested and/or current firmware version, it is possible newer revisions will cause disruptions in service or make a device fully compliant with the required settings for hosted VoIP services where it was previously not.
Netgear FVS338 Router
Note: This router is designed to support larger networks.
- Make sure your router is powered on and connected to your network.
- In a browser on a computer on the same network as the router, navigate to the following IP address: 192.168.1.1.
- Log in (default credentials shown below).
- Username: admin
- Password: password
Tested on firmware version 3.0.6-25.
Adding/editing 8x8 subnets is recommended when available. Please click here and review the Traffic Shaping and Specific Subnet/Port Configuration section. (Login required.)
Configure Port Settings
- Select Security > Services.
- Configure the ports as listed here in the Traffic Shaping and Specific Subnet/Port Configuration section. (Login required.)
- Go to Security > Firewall.
- Go to the LAN WAN Rules tab.
- Set your Default Outbound Policy to Allow Always.
- Configure settings for you Outbound Services.
Disable SIP ALG
- Go to Security > Firewall > Advanced (SIP-ALG).
- Ensure the box next to Enable SIP ALG is unchecked.
- Click Apply.
- Go to Security > Bandwidth Profile.
- Set your bandwidth values accordingly (available bandwidth will vary).