To configure a Viking PA-30 overhead paging system for 8x8 services, Turn ON DIP Switch 1 and connect the RJ11 cable to an 8x8 adapter. Refere to the Viking PA-30 Manual here.
Configuring a Viking PA-30 overhead paging system for 8x8 services.
Viking PA-30 overhead paging system (FXS Mode Only)
- Turn ON DIP Switch 1 (OFF by default).
- Connect the Line In (T&R) to the RJ11 analog port to your 8x8 adapter.
- Use a wire cutter to strip the other end of the cable and attach the wires to the corresponding pins on the PA-30:
- Red Wire (Ring): Pin 9
- Green Wire (Tip): Pin 10
Note: The black and yellow wires of the cable are not used.
- Connect the speakers to Pins 1 and 2 and Pins 3 and 4 on the PA-30.
The Viking PA-30 system:
- Has 30 watts of output power.
- Can support up to thirty (30) 8-ohm speakers.
Don't need this much power? You may be interested in the Viking PA-2A instead (2W output; supports up to three 8-ohm speakers).