Viking PA-2A Overhead Paging System Configuration
To configure Viking PA-2A overhead paging system, turn on DIP switch 4 and connect the phone line to 8x8 adapter. Refer to the Viking PA-2A manual here.
Configuring a Viking PA-2A overhead paging system for 8x8 services.
Viking PA-2A overhead paging system (FXS Mode Only)
- Turn ON DIP Switch 4 (OFF by default).
- Turn OFF DIP Switch 5 (ON by default).
- Connect the phone line or RJ11 cable to your 8x8 adapter.
- Use a wire cutter to strip the other end of the cable and attach the wires to the corresponding pins on the PA-2A:
- Red Wire (Ring): Pin 5
- Green Wire (Tip): Pin 6
Note: The black and yellow wires of the cable are not used.
- Connect the speaker or paging horn to Pins 9 and 10 on the PA-2A.
The Viking PA-2A device:
- Has only 2 watts of output power.
- Can only support up to three 8-ohm speakers.
If you are seeking a higher output, you may be interested in the Viking PA-30 instead (30W output; supports up to 30 8-ohm speakers).