In order to work on the 8x8 service, these phones will need to:
- Be supported models on compatible firmware.
- Have a valid factory-installed device certificate.
- Have our server address programmed in so they can reach our servers. The server address will be found in the article linked below for manually configuring that particular make/model of phone.
Once you have confirmed that your device is compatible with the 8x8 service, follow the guides below to configure it to use our service.
- The below guides are for phone system administrators. If you are not the person responsible for setting up and maintaining your company's 8x8 phone system, you may not be able to complete all of the steps below.
- Accommodation of devices not purchased from or originally provisioned for service by 8x8 is on a commercially reasonable effort basis. These devices are not guaranteed to be supported on 8x8 service.
Provisioning Guides by Manufacturer
Poly VVX and SoundPoint
Note: IVR activation of the Poly Soundpoint IP450 is not supported. IP450 phones must be activated by entering the phone's MAC address in 8x8 Admin Console user profiles. See this article for process details.
Activating Your Phones
Once you've completed service configuration, you can activate the phones in Admin Console.