Network Down - DHCP Failed - Stuck Initializing - Failed Boot
The phone is displaying Network Is Down, Network Link is Down, DHCP Failed, stuck at Initializing, or displaying Failed to boot
- Poly Phones
- Verify the cabling is plugged into the correct ports.
- Replace potential faulty cabling.
- Power cycle the affected phone(s).
- Perform a network power cycle.
- Bypass the wall port or switch and connect directly to the router to isolate potential hardware issues.
- Set a static IP on the phone.
- Ensure the router is giving out IPv4 addresses via DHCP, and not providing IPv6 addresses to the phone(s).
- If the issue persists and is only occurring on a single phone, factory reset and re-provision the phone.
- A DHCP failure has occurred on the network
- The phone's LAN port has failed
- The DHCP server is providing IPv6 addresses
If you are at a rented office location, the local IT group will likely need to be contacted to white-list the phone's MAC address on the switch.
Poly phones are not compatible with IPv6 addressing, and the phones will not be able to receive DHCP via IPv6.