After plugging in your Poly SoundStation IP 5000, IP 6000, or IP 7000 conference phone, it does not appear to turn on or draw power.
- Poly IP Conference Phones 5000, 6000, 7000
Using AC Power
Note: It is important that all cables are plugged in as shown above and described below—the 25-foot Ethernet cable must be plugged into the phone, and the power insertion cable to the end of the network cable and the network.
- Connect one end of the 25-foot Network Cable to the LAN jack on the phone.
- Connect the other end of the 25-foot Network Cable to the Power Insertion Cable.
- Connect the Power Insertion Cable to an available LAN port on the wall or hub/switch device port.
- Connect the Power Adapter to the Power Insertion Cable.
- Connect the Power Adapter (with the attached Regional Power Cord) to the wall outlet.
- Ensure the network and port you are plugging into support Power over Ethernet.
- Ensure you are using a PoE-ready Ethernet cord (such as the one packaged with the phone).
Most likely, the phone cabling is not properly plugged in, either using Power over Ethernet (PoE) or the optional AC power adapter (aka PoE injector).
PoE requires that the phone Ethernet cord be directly plugged into a network that supports PoE using a PoE network cable (such as the 25-foot one that comes with the phone).
The AC power adapter requires the cords to be connected in a specific arrangement.
See also Connecting Network and Power Sources in the following: