My Poly desk phone can't get a dial tone and the screen reads Url call is disabled.
My Poly desk phone intermittently shows Url call is disabled or a red "x" next to the phone icon on the screen.
- Poly IP phones
Note: If available, we highly recommend consulting an IT or networking professional when dealing with network issues.
- Confirm that all ports and cabling are functional:
- Plug the affected phone in to a different Ethernet port.
- Switch out the Ethernet cable of the affected phone for a different one.
- Unplug the affected phone, and try a working phone with the same port or cable.
- See if you can access phone's web interface (GUI) by typing phone's IP address into a web browser. An inability to access the web GUI is a solid indicator that there is a network problem (such as the phone being on the wrong subnet, which can be confirmed by running ipconfig to compare the phone's IP with a computer's on the same network.)
- Check firewall settings.
- If possible, ensure the phones are passing through only one router (a modem/router combo gateway connected to an additional standalone modem is a potentially problematic setup).
- Disable SPI and SIP-ALG in the router (if able) and reboot the router.
- Set both primary and secondary DNS on the routers to point to the ISP DNS and/or to also include 8x8 GTMs 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199, then perform a network power cycle.
This error typically indicates a local network connectivity problem, generally related to a DNS failure to resolve to 8x8.
This can include:
- Faulty ports or cabling.
- DNS configuration issues.
- Other problematic network setup issues.
A firmware update may be required. If updated, and provisioning is then required, see How do I manually provision a Poly phone using the phone's Web GUI? for further information.