This guide explains how to replace the handset of a DECT device.
- Panasonic KX-TPA60
- From the DECT handset, select Menu > Settings > System Option > Cancel Base and choose the base you are canceling.
- Click Yes to delete the base.
- Turn on the new base you wish to pair the handset to.
- When it shows a solid green light, hold the locator button on the side of the base for about four seconds, until the status indicator flashes red.
- Press and hold the OK soft key on the handset until the display reads: "Please wait..."
It may take a couple of minutes. The phone display reads "Registered" and the light on the base goes solid green again. It also shows a Handset and a number. The handset is paired with the base unit. The handset may download some files.
Information is available on replacing a DECT base.