To configure Netgear FVS338 router for 8x8 service, make sure your router is powered on and connected to your network. Learn more here.
Netgear FVS338 Router
Note: This router is designed to support larger networks.
- Make sure your router is powered on and connected to your network.
- In a browser on a computer on the same network as the router, navigate to the following IP address: 192.168.1.1.
- Log in (default credentials shown below).
- Username: admin
- Password: password
Tested on firmware version 3.0.6-25.
Adding/editing 8x8 subnets is recommended when available. Please click here and review the Traffic Shaping and Specific Subnet/Port Configuration section. (Login required.)
Configure Port Settings
- Select Security > Services.
- Configure the ports as listed here in the Traffic Shaping and Specific Subnet/Port Configuration section. (Login required.)
- Go to Security > Firewall.
- Go to the LAN WAN Rules tab.
- Set your Default Outbound Policy to Allow Always.
- Configure settings for you Outbound Services.
Disable SIP ALG
- Go to Security > Firewall > Advanced (SIP-ALG).
- Ensure the box next to Enable SIP ALG is unchecked.
- Click Apply.
- Go to Security > Bandwidth Profile.
- Set your bandwidth values accordingly (available bandwidth will vary).