To configure Netgear FVS336G Router for 8x8 Service, make sure that it is switched on and connected to the network. Learn how to configure ports here.
Netgear FVS336G Router
- Make sure your router is powered on and connected to your network.
- In a browser on a computer on the same network as the router, navigate to the following IP address: 192.168.1.1.
- Log in (default credentials shown below).
- Username: admin
- Password: password
Tested on firmware version 3.0.6-28.
Adding/editing 8x8 subnets is recommended when available. Please click here and review the Traffic Shaping and Specific Subnet/Port Configuration section. (Login required.)
- Select Security > Services.
- Configure ports using the Add Custom Service section at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Add when you are done configuring the settings for each port.
Set LAN to WAN Rules
- Go to Security > Firewall > LAN WAN Rules.
- Create rules for Outbound Services by clicking Add under the Outbound Services section. Use the values below to configure the settings for each rule.
- Go to Security > Firewall > Advanced.
- Disable SIP-ALG by unchecking the box next to Enable SIP-ALG.
- Click Apply.
- Go to Security > Bandwidth Profile.
- Add the VOIP bandwidth profile below and modify accordingly (available bandwidth will vary).