Note: We highly recommend consulting an IT or network professional when configuring advanced network settings. If able, the network administrator should always check the IP address, and assign and log any static IP to avoid conflicts in the future.
Set up a D-Link DIR-655 QoS router, to use a static IP for the WAN.
- D-Link DIR-655 router
Before you begin:
Gather all of the following (contact your ISP if you do not have this information):
- IP Address
- Subnet Mask
- Gateway Address
- Primary DNS Address
- Secondary DNS Address
- Access the router web interface (GUI).
- In the left hand menu, click Internet.
- Click the Internet Connection Setup Wizard button.
- On the initial Connection Setup Wizard screen, click Next.
- Set and verify an administrator password. (Note this password for later reference.)
- Select a time zone and click Next.
- On the Configure Your Internet Connection screen, select Static IP Address Connection and click Next.
- Enter all of the required information for you Static IP Address Connection and DNS Settings, then click Next.
- On the Setup Complete! screen, click Connect.
- On the Reboot Needed screen, choose whether to reboot now or later. Your router must reboot for your new settings to take effect.